1.16.2011

Sewing Tutorial #1: Repurpose, Refashion, Upcycle

The idea and concepts of "Repurpose, Refashion, & Upcycle" are all becoming much more prevalent in today's modern trends in the sewing world.

Thanks to YEARS of encouragement from my mother, yes thank you Mom, even though I resisted for MANY years, I now am really inspired to sew and learn and try new concepts related to sewing.

Two of my sewing main interests right now are:
1.) machine applique design (not brave enough for hand applique)
2.) refashioning old t-shirts into new designs for children.

Below is a jumble of pictures I'll be organizing into a sewing tutorial... This past October I actually sat down and felt inspired to try making a toddler "play" dress from old tshirts... this was one of my first things I've sewn since I was probably 13 years old... so try to keep the laughter to a minimum, this is basic, but I had to start somewhere ;-)





















No comments: