2.16.2011

Ready for a Tutorials? Bow Tutorial #1: How to line an Alligator Clip

Okay, well let me start off my warning you about my fingernails & my left middle finger...

I'm a nail biter, gross, right? Always have been... actually ONLY times I've ever succeeded in stopping was for: my wedding in 2001, the pregnancy w/"Miss C" in 2006/2007, & "Lil J's" pregnancy in 2008. My left middle finger was injured in an accident when I was a child & required surgical intervention, thus it's noticeably shorter... well, it's barely noticeable thanks to Dr Matthews the hand surgeon... That's it, I'm a nail biter with a shorter left middle finger, lol ;-)

Here we go...

To line an alligator clip you'll need:
  • 3/8" width ribbon, preferably grosgrain
  • alligator clip(s), you choose the type
  • any size/type glue gun
  • glue gun sticks to fit your size glue gun
  • 25watt wood burner/soldering iron *use EXTREME caution, VERY HOT*
  • burn proof surface, like a GLASS cutting board
  • Next you're ready for your preheated glue gun and your wood burning/soldering iron tool. I place everything on an old glass cutting board, be sure whatever surface you use is *FIRE SAFE*.
  • Also I have problems with the cords getting in my way, I use these fleurdelis to help me "contain" the cord madness ;-)
  • Use *EXTREME CAUTION* when using this iron. Heats up to around 750 degrees Fahrenheit. (I found my iron at walmart in the tools section, cost was around $9.00, came with metal stand for safety. I've actually removed the screw on tip (when iron was NOT HOT) and just use iron.)
  • Use the iron to JUST heat seal the ends of the ribbon to prevent fraying, before you start any gluing ;-)
  • ....to be continued....

No comments: